Friday, September 16, 2016

Love the cables!

I like cables in quilting, but they are difficult to do well by machine.  On the other hand, cables look wonderful in knitting and are not hard at all.

This sweater was finished at least 6 weeks ago - just didn't photograph and then when I did, I didn't post the pictures. 



This sweater was made from the top down, without any seams - first time I've done one of those.  It has a small applied I-cord to finish the neck, sleeve, and lower hem - first time I've used that technique on anything but my plaid afghan.   There were three varieties of cables, and the way they moved around on the front kept the knitting very interesting.  The pattern, Siesta, by Carol Feller, was free!




The yarn came from Diane's inventory after she closed her big business in Oregon.  I spent a little and got a lot of yarn for my money.  I have projects lined up now that will take me through the next couple of years.


Here's a fun photo only one of my friends seemed to notice on Facebook, combining a quilt and a knit: 

It was the last night of the Shindig when they finally gave the quilt to a ticket buyer from Maryland. Alice is the one behind the quilt and Ann is standing next to her.  Ann's husband Russ took the photo.  We have to plan next year's quilt now - no hand piecing this time!

4 comments:

Anna Banana said...

Nice how you tied knitting and quilting together in this position! It is a lovely sweater and deserved a blog post!

Anna Banana said...

Obviously I meant "post" and not "position" in that comment!

ancquilter said...

I am always impressed with your annual Shindig raffle quilts, but I love this sweater. The cables are positioned in a way to make the design extremely flattering! Will be a favorite!

Diane said...

Beautiful sweater, and beautiful quilt!