I tried to be a little more creative and put a smaller piece of one tie on an egg then wrapped it all in a second tie before finishing up with the mummy wrapping. A careful selection of prints and placement could result in a patchwork effect.
I had seen onion-skin dying on a blog yesterday, so we tried that, too. We used both red and yellow onions - here's a close up of one where I tried a resist technique with a flower cut out of plastic. My design is lost, but the effect is still interesting -
Back home after a walk, I made up my Austen Family Album block of the week, a Cross within a Cross block.