Thursday, February 17, 2011

Barbara's Garden Trellis

This first quilt for Gary is done except for the label.









I talked with Gary last night: he told me the quilters who are finishing up the piecing wanted to talk to the quilter he'd lined up to finish Barbara's last quilt. I know them and met with them this morning. It turns out they were totally, in fact joyfully relieved it was me. Like Norris, they were touched by Gary's story and want to see the quilt beautifully finished. I saw the blocks - they are gorgeous but will be challenging to quilt. They are already planning the label for Barbara's Flower Garden and are talking about asking Gary if they can enter it in the group category in the local guild show. I should have the quilt in a couple of weeks at most - you'll see it here when I do!

1 comment:

Sherrye said...

Love this trellis pattern and your quilting is superb!