Joyce left earlier this morning with Niki and our Dad so the house seems quiet and lonely. I made my Birds in the Air block in blues since our Mom loved bluebirds.
This is a block I've considered using for a scrap quilt, so it was a good one to make. I used the directions provided for cutting the small triangles, and I printed an EQ paper template for the large triangle so I could cut it out of one corner of the fat quarter I have of that pretty dark blue floral. My completed block was a bit shy of the 8.5 inches square it should be unfinished, so I took out the center seam and moved the blue triangle over, giving it a slightly smaller seam allowance on that side. That fixed it right up.