Ms. Brackman had a great story behind the choice of this block for the Civil War block of the week - go to her blog using the link to the right to read it.
I went back to the way this block was colored in BlockBase, and then didn't quite do that either. And I used those 1 16th of an inch increments for cutting these pieces - but it looks like I have one seam allowance that could have been a bit deeper. Shows up plainly on the photo but I didn't notice it before! I've been very distracted with the new kitten in our family - she's not a very good helpmate in the sewing studio.
I like this block - it would be fun to make a scrappy quilt with it.