Sunday, June 12, 2011

Ladies Aid Album - week 24

I liked the idea of making this a genuine nine patch, so I paper pieced this in three sections.



My background fabric appears gray - it's cream. My pink corners will look like I matched them up better if I repress the block now that all the paper has been removed. The block looks a little plain - maybe I should have followed the lead of using a busy print instead of my tone-on-tone. But I'm thinking this is going to be the rare block in this quilt that the quilting is going to be a feature on. And it definitely gives it the "Early Red Cross" appearance.

2 comments:

Sherrye said...

I don't think it's too plain at all.....I think it makes the floral stand out. I like it!

Marjorie said...

I have been having the same problem with cream and white fabric appearing gray in photos. Using more daylight and auto settings, but no flash seems to help. Lately I just can't get it right with manual settings including when the light meter says it's perfect.

I like that block and your corners will be perfect when it's pressed again.