Saturday, June 25, 2011

Week 26 - The half-way mark, Barbara Frietchie Star

This is a pretty star pattern, named after the legendary Union supporter of Frederick, Maryland.



I believe the cutting directions this morning were off but perhaps will have been corrected by the time my friends in the other hemisphere get to piecing this block. There are four medium colored triangles missing. But no matter -- I didn't follow the directions anyway. I decided to take out four seams and created flying geese instead of pairs of half-square triangles for the star points since I was using the same pink-roses-on-white fabric all the way around the outside. Four fewer seams still left a lot of fussy matching to get points lined up where they are supposed to be. I think pinwheels are my downfall!

1 comment:

Dorry said...

Lots of points/triangles to sew carefully in this one. I was thinking to do the same as you and go the flying geese route.Your block is so pretty with that pink roses on white background.