Wednesday, October 31, 2012

The Christmas Quilt Complete

Last night I finished putting the hanging sleeve on the Christmas quilt - but I took these photos almost two weeks ago in the foyer on a sunnier day.



The poinsettia and swags I thought of appliqueing are quilted on instead.  The Right Hand of Friendship stars got some echo lines.  I used a gold colored thread instead of my usual matching or blending colors for all the quilting on the colored areas.



The Glorified Nine Patches are quilted with echoed curves and a small feather in the center square.  The negative space is feathered on the inside of the swags, while the outer areas got lines 1/4 inch apart.

Somehow, I managed to get a couple of photos of the quilt on the floor without any cat models.
It's ready to hang on the dining room wall in a month. But it's not actually finished until I put a label on it. Dorry came up with great ideas for names. I think I might work the "friendship" part of the star block's name into one of them.

4 comments:

Sherrye said...

Cheryl, this turned out to be so beautiful! You just amaze me at your eye for balance and creative style!

Dorry said...

Oh yes, the texture created by the quilting on this is gorgeous. It was the right choice to quilt the border in lieu of applique it. The outer pieced border finishes the whole piece off very well. All in all a beautiful quilt to decorate your home with.

Jan Hutchison said...

What a pretty quilt! I like the contrast of the straight line quilting and the feathers.

Vicki W said...

It's beautiful!