In Barbara Brackman's Blockbase, this week's block looks very different - two of what are small blue floral squares are actually nine patches, and two are pieced in three strips. Where she placed the striped fabric in her instructions in place of the tri-color strip in her illustration was not striped at all.
I didn't have a striped fabric I wanted to use for this block, so I made my block as she had illustrated it on the blog - minus a cross seam in the striped areas. I liked the way the red and gold makes the effect of patriotic bunting.
The center of my pinwheel is a wee bit off, but I've about decided it's not enough off to try to fix it. I didn't see it until I looked at the photo. I was focused on the diagonals making the center "x". They do line up nicely and I'd no doubt stretch things out of place if I start taking out stitches. I may not be able to improve it.